So, I've been dark brown for a while now, it was time for a change. Matthew said, "just go have it professionally done...." I was shocked, aghast... what do you say to that? Colorists who know what they are doing are only real in movies! I've paid hundreds (litterally) at a time for color- lots of color- color that has taken hours from me that i will never get back..... why pay for that?
"Professionals," as my husband kindly refers to them as, have turned me: green, purple, pink, orange, and more green (lots of shades of green.... just not a good color on me). It is worrisome when the entire salon staff is in on a decision of how we might go about "fixing" this.... the only thing they didn't do in front of me is call the color manufacturer for their advise... and then at the end of this 10 hour day (the one that sticks in my mind- and this was a nice salon, highly recommended by friends...) they had the man parts to ask for money!!!!!!! Well sure!!! I'm thinking, that was fun, why wouldn't i pay for it? In fact, I think i have paid for it with my time and will continue to pay for it until your "fix" works itself out..... yeah, um, no.
"Professionals," as my husband kindly refers to them as, have turned me: green, purple, pink, orange, and more green (lots of shades of green.... just not a good color on me). It is worrisome when the entire salon staff is in on a decision of how we might go about "fixing" this.... the only thing they didn't do in front of me is call the color manufacturer for their advise... and then at the end of this 10 hour day (the one that sticks in my mind- and this was a nice salon, highly recommended by friends...) they had the man parts to ask for money!!!!!!! Well sure!!! I'm thinking, that was fun, why wouldn't i pay for it? In fact, I think i have paid for it with my time and will continue to pay for it until your "fix" works itself out..... yeah, um, no. That said.... Yes, we ended up just winging it here at home. I know the photo looks brassy, but its more sass than brass- no, it's not really that bad- and it does have to settle out a little bit...
I also am getting an antique headboard and dresser ready for my kids new room. Here is a before and after of the headboard i did today- feedback welcome~
BEFORE
AFTER
I needed to do so much today- but mostly i've blogged my daughters 6th birthday stuff. I decided that was just as important (if not more) than laundry.... or toys on the floor. The blogging went less than smoothly- which you will see if you check their blog out at www.friendorfoefables.blogspot.com That's all for today friends! Be good! More later- lots happening in our lives: new jobs, mental breakdowns, the new Harry Potter.... I could go on and on... but you'll get it all in due time my friends... in due time.
6 comments:
I like the headboard. what color did you use
"expresso"?
love ya MOM
I love the hair and the headboard! And...I am soo soo glad you FINALLY CHANGED YOUR BLOG! :)
I think they both look great...your headboard and your hair. That was a pretty funny story.
the hair doesn't look that bad. I've been there, my friend. I have turned pro at coloring my own hair (you have to when you don't have the funds), and I got some pointers from my stylist on how to do it well. The headboard looks fabulous, by the way. Love you!
THe Hair looks good, and I am impressed with the change in the headboard. Love ya, and I hope things are going well.
Hi ya! Love the hair!!! Go check out my new blog and see mine!
Post a Comment