Yep... you heard right!!! I started a new job- I'll be a nurse at a dialysis clinic in Nampa, ID (right across from my beloved Mercy Medical Center... gag) But first I have to learn the PCT (tech) portion.I don't have time for a lot of detail because it is my bed time (yes i have one again). Work starts for me at 4:30... like i have to BE THERE then... so that is up at like 3am..... yikes.... but i thought I'd post a pic or two...
This is my boss, who wouldn't' pose, well she did, but i can't post it (lol) so i caught her unawares......I'm loving it so far (who knew you could love nursing again?), and my boss seems to like me... big change- I'm diggin' it... ?
Dana is the educator, also a tech- I love her laugh!!!! She's usually not looking as serious as this!
Here is my nazi trainer (just kidding) Jason's dutifully charting... what a good example!!!
I had the patients permission to take this photo, but still, I blurred him out. This is Malain getting his dialysis started ( I did it in B&W so that you squeamish blood folks didn't' freak out!!! There are very large needles and lots of blood involved) But this is what we do here. If you don't know what dialysis is, basically it is an artificial kidney and the machine cleans the blood that the body cannot.
This is Malain... she's an awesome tech who doesn't give herself enough credit- it also
gives you an idea of what the treatment room looks
In the meantime, I have a lot of studying to do, here i am in the break room, headphones on,
reading the curriculum.... like I'm back in school... so much to learn!!! The gal with the short hair is our dietitian who is awesome and came and visited me in my lonely study world!!! (If you want to see how the studying was going that day feel free to click on): http://www.verizonwireless.com/getitnow/getpix
When I'm finished,
I can be a nurse like Amy!!! Look at her go!!!
And now I lay me down to sleep- more later... boy have i got some good stuff coming! keep checking and i love you all!
5 comments:
COngrats Teeter!!! YOu'll have to keep us posted on how everything goes!
So happy for you! I hope you enjoy it, and that it lasts a long time! Love your blog, too. I check it all the time.
teton - it looks like the friendliest office ever! i am glad you love it!
tricia . . . .congrats on the new job!!!
Super Yeah!!!!!! I'm glad your so excited and I hope their all excited to have you! I think the people at your previous job who don't like you are crazy and just jelous that you're so great and wonderful!!!...... At least that's what Branden tells me when his sister Cary goes crazy weird on me:) And I have half a mind to believe him althogh it kind makes me go..... "Are you sure?" But take it from me, you are spectacular.... Can you tell I miss my neighbor friend???!:P Congradulations!!!
Post a Comment