Sunday, January 13, 2008

Winter Wonderland


Warning: this blog entry may be confusing for most of you in my circle of blogging friends. The reason for that is, most of you are in AZ, CA, or NV... and I am in ID (just a refresher)! Something wonderful happened last week, we had 2 solid days of snow!!! Let me tell you warm weather friends about that. Snow is a magical form of precipitation. It is white in color and as it falls it seems to float or flurry. It falls in "flakes," as opposed to drops, and no two flakes are alike. Children love to play in the snow, catching flakes with their tongues, building snow men, making snow angels, go sledding, or have snow ball fight (that one is nearly always initiated by a male, and enjoyed much more by the less fair sex). As you get older you can ski, snow mobile, snow board, snow shoe, snow camping (doesn't sound fun to me...). You see, the reason i am explaining this thing called snow is because, as fun as it is, it is cold. Cold, Cold, Cold. And slippery. Here is a pic of me last Thursday shoveling the driveway for the 3rd time that day... We've since had rain, which melted away most of the snow, slush and iciness.

6 comments:

Brigg and Dianne said...

Gosh, when you put it like that, the snow seems so peaceful, so beautiful, so...celestial. Each snowflake is formed, and it is beautiful, and unique, and delicate. Like a dream, one wakes up to a white world, covered in a blanket of frosty fun......

Wait!!! No!!! What am I talking about?!? No!! Snow is COLD! Snow is WET! Blizzards, avalanches and hypothermia abound!!!

The Gibbens said...

I know... isn't it great?!?!?!?!

SladeMomma said...

You have been found by Aunt Gay and she is happy to have found you!

As for the snow, I didn't think that it came very often to Idaho. On the other hand, here in Colorado...beautiful, frosty and icy pictures all winter long.

Travis and Marie said...

i am glad you got pictures I wish I did on those couple of days. it's so pretty!

Sugar Jane said...

Ohhh trishers. Well the great news is about the snow shoveling is that it burns lots and lots of calories, although it doens't look like you need much help in that area..... You are looking fantastic! Miss you much!

Trish said...

I want to play in the snow. Just play, not live. :)

About Us

Tuvalu
Matthew and Patricia have been married 9 years in December 07'. We have 2 beautiful girls Jocilyn (6) and McKenna (4). Please enjoy our bloggity!