So, this post won't have pics- but a couple of funnies-
We were driving yesterday to get Hunter's birthday present when the girls decided to discuss age. "How old is Devan?" Jocilyn asked, I said, "she's 9 mos older than you, so she is 7, she'll be 8 this year." So we talked about who is older than who and Kenna announced that when she is 64 (random) she'll be older than all of us... I thought it was cute. I love how their little minds work.
Then Jocilyn wanted me to put some rock-n-roll on the radio. So I'm scanning through the channels when one of the country stations is playing "Bubba Shot the Jukebox," and she yells out, "Yeah mom!! THIS is rock-n-roll!!!" ... sure it is sister, enjoy!
Matthew and Travis are in Oregon again. People who don't know what they want are stupid. The fence they've been installing over the past couple of weeks would be finished today, but the owner of the property (it's an apt complex I think) came by and didn't like the angles. Well, they were replacing an existing fence- so wouldn't you think that the angles would have been the same on the first fence? and if he didn't love them then, why didn't he tell the guys to do the new one differently? So now it's going to take them back to Oregon at least once more and I'm really over that... oh well...
Now for a brief explanation of why I haven't posted since Easter... it's because I'm dead. I know you think that there would be blogging in heaven- but no, they are too busy with heavenly things there. And in hell, they just torment you with the thought of blogging, but don't let you do it. Why am I dead, you ask? What killed me? I've been officially worked to death. Two weeks ago we opened the clinic 3 more days a week- so now we are 6 days. We've only been M-W-F 13.5 hour days and those were shortened to 11 hour days which makes the day a lot more stressful- but I love getting off earlier. Then because 3 eleven hour days isn't full time, each staff member picks up a 7 hour day on either T-Th-Sat. They've brought in another nurse to pick up 2 of those so I'm working 4 days instead of 3 each week, but they are intense. And then as the charge nurse I have to make sure that the new patients have all of the admit junk done even in my absence- and as much as I appreciate this other nurse for coming in- she doesn't know what she's doing in the clinic because she is a nurse on the "acute team" meaning she does dialysis for our patients when they are in the hospital- she never has been in a clinic before... so I feel a lot overwhelmed.... but I think it will continue to improve.
My parents left on their mission a week ago. They've been in the MTC this past week and will be until Tues when they leave on their cross country trek. I'm envious of that- I think their mission will be great- but I think the trip will be fun too... I just love traveling with family, and I think it would be cool that you could stop anytime and have "home" with you (because they are pulling the 5th wheel that will be their home for the next 6 mos).
Marie has my camera because it had a bunch of pics from Hunters birthday party on it and I didn't think I'd be blogging- but I'll see what pics I have that are new and will post some when i have it back. In the meantime- XOXO to all of you- be good take care- and blog more often than me :-)
8 comments:
horray! you posted a new one....I love the rock and roll girls and the fact that Kenna will be older than all of us in the future. Smart kid she is.
Yeah! I'm glad to here from you.
Crazy work is no fun but it sounds like it's very promising for you.
I'm with you. I have no idea what the heck that random post is. A new phone ad or something. Thats funny about the "wind blowing us up north". I'm almost possitive that bran would tie us to a large cactus before he gave into going north. Although I am possitive my sinus's would shout for joy! Allergies are so bad here. I was feeling great, took a little walk 5 houses down to drop some papers off to our primary choister and when I got home, BAM! Runny nose, agitated throat, ichy eyes, the whole bit! As far north as I can get Bran is Flagstaff but thats only in the summer.
Anyways, I'm blabbing.
Love you!
Yipee! I love when you comment on mine because then it makes me think..."did she finally post a new one?" and what do you know you did!!!! Sorry to hear that work is crazy, but glad to hear that you're not really really dead just tired dead. I love your funny girls...tell them when AUnt lYnn comes we are going to have a sleepover! I love sista!
Being a working mom with young kids sounds AWFUL!
Hey, we're your parents' first stop - tomorrow night. I'm excited to see them and jealous of their opportunity. I'll take pictures.
Sorry to hear how busy you are. That is crazyness. I loved reading about your girls, though. How entertaining they are. No pics is okay, just don't make a habit of it. :)
Hey was that you who posted on my blog about Slade's party? If so, I found most of my experiment ideas at www.stevespanglerscience.com. If it was not disregard that last sentence and just let me say hello!
It just sounds exhausting reading about all the hours you work. I am glad you updated though. By the way Gavin always things cost 45 bucks or that he 45 years old. Kids say the funniest things, don't they?
Bubba Shot The Juke Box is some old time rock n roll! Your girls crack me up. I love it when Kenna says, "I am your trial, mom." HILARIOUS!
Post a Comment