This morning as I sat on the couch reviewing my Relief Society lesson my children came bearing gifts... McKenna was delighted to finally give me flowers- everytime we are in the store she wants me to buy some for myself from her... a beautiful dozen of pink roses...Jocilyn chose a yummy smelling bath basket, which she is very excited to help me use...

And Matthew, knowing I've been frusterated with some very rough heels- got me some pedicure supplies....
Church was great, I really enjoyed the meeting. I wasn't thrilled to be teaching on Mother's day and I'm not sure how it went. I was feeling really emotional, and there was not the usual participation.... oh well...
Then after church I had the opportunity to talk to my mom on the phone. What a blessing mom's are. I'm so blessed that I've been able to have children and experience motherhood... I'm doubly blessed that I was taught by such an example as my mother- who in my book is the greatest mother of all time... and then when I married I gained another great mother figure- I am so blessed.
Thank you mom for teaching me so many important things: love, kindness, patience, dilligence, hard work, house keeping (even though I fall short... I'm doing better!), cooking, basic sewing, tolerance, "killing people with kindness," faking it til you make it, enduring through difficult times and having faith that Heavenly Father will not leave you in them forever, forgiveness, how to help others feel of their importance and value, you have taught me these and so many other things... you have helped shape the woman I am, and given me the measure of the mother I hope to be. I love you mom- miss you- happy mother's day!
4 comments:
I thought your lesson was great! I am sorry I didn't participate more...I was semi in la la land due to the fact that I don't often get to attend adult meetings...primary has ruined me in that regard, my attention span isn't very good. I thought you did a fantastic job. And happy mother's day to you....I love watching you mother....I learn lots. (in a good way)
Cute pictures of your girls. Thanks for sharing. I wish I could have heard your lesson. No doubt it would have been lots better than ours, sad to say. Plus I'd like to hear you teach.
And I agree with everything you said about your mother. I love, respect and admire both your parents. Follow in their footsteps and you can't go far off the correct path.
Happy Mom's Day to you!
I learned the "kill them with kindness" technique from my mom as well. Tricia, you get extra kudos for working away from home, too. You are amazing and your girls are so lucky to have you as their mommy.
I thought you lesson was great too. Made me bawl like a wee little baby.
Happy Mother's Day to my "sister"
Post a Comment