Wednesday, July 23, 2008

a little of everything!

So, remember that my stake president issued a challenge for "no screen time" for 4 weeks? Well... we are about 2 1/2 weeks into the challenge and it's been interesting... until now- I'm feeling pretty over it- I'll keep doing it... but I'm to the point now where I'm feeling done. The kids have really been great about it and I have been reading, but being a single mom as much as I am in the evenings, I'm ready to just turn on the dang TV for a little bit before bed. The pic to the side of this is just a random shot of me that my secretary took while fiddling with my camera... but it kinda portrays how I feel...



We got a way from town a little bit last week...
Here are Joc and Kenna in the hotel room... we swam, played, ate, and just had fun. We went up to McCall/Cascade area, I've never been and it was gorgeous. I should've taken more pics but all i got were these of the girls and a couple of Marie's kids at breakfast and me and the girls at breakfast... oh well, we were there and had a good time. Nice to get away with the family, even if only for a short trip...




Here are the girls playing crazy 8's... they've really entertained themselves well during the no TV/Computer challenge... I love this pic- it was taken either before or after swimming lessons and i think it's funny that Joc is in long sleeves and jeans, and Kenna is in her suit- my mom would say, "make up your mind, are you hot or cold?"
The 15th of July was Jocilyn's 7th birthday... I only got close ups of gift opening... so here is kind of a wide shot of the table where she was opening gifts. McKenna also got some late gifts that were the bigger presents from mom and dad... we had a hard time finding time for dad to go help with the big gifts (bikes, scooters, etc...)




Here is Kenna opening up a double fish tank... they were NOT registering what that meant...



Here are their faces as I carried the fish into the kitchen... They are thrilled- each has her own Beta now... Mom, I don't know if you can make it out, but the ring you gave Jocilyn is on her right ring finger- she loves it...









Here are the kids on the last day of swimming lessons waiting to get in the pool...
I do not know what was so funny, but I LOVE this picture of the girls... I'm so thrilled, and blessed that they love being friends... I hope it lasts...
An action shot of Hunter jumping in... I must say- I'm proud of my girls and the strides they made in swimming- they overcame a huge hurdle of just being afraid of getting their faces wet... but this little boy was fearless and he can now swim across the pool without any help- He had a blast at the hotel pool in McCall- It was fun to watch the change in him- Good job to all of the kid-o's!!! Fun summer memories!


Hope yours is going so well!


My AC went out on the car this week- i think it's just the fan- but still- this week I'm pretty thankful that I no longer live in Phoenix!!!


And for those of you wondering- the countdown on top for "Breaking Dawn," is for a book that is coming out on Aug. 2nd- it's the 4th in the Twilight series- they are juvenile... and I'm hooked on them... it's fun.



6 comments:

slades said...

great pictures-- I too love the pictures of the girls laughing. I was able to enlarge the picture of the girls and could see the ring. She looks so grown up.

SladeMomma said...

No TV or computer?!! How can you blog? I don't do TV anyway, but would be lost without computer time.

I enjoyed the pictures of your girls, as always. Thanks for sharing. But I really like the "mood picture" of you. Ha, ha.

Sugar Jane said...

So fun! and your hair looks hecka cute in the first pic!
Miss you neighbor!

Travis and Marie said...

Such a darling picture of them in the pool! Good shot of Hunter diving too...what good little swimmers. I am done with the no tv thing too...it pretty much has begun to suck. But alas, number 4 is coming soon ( the twilight book, not my kid - at least not this weekend, right?) so we will l have some good entertainment again.

Brigg and Dianne said...

What a fun little getaway! That pic of your girls in the pool laughing together is precious! That's all I want for my kids too, to be good friends.

Trish said...

I am currently reading the 4th twilight book and I am pretty into it. Don't feel silly to read it half the moms in my ward are reading it!

About Us

Tuvalu
Matthew and Patricia have been married 9 years in December 07'. We have 2 beautiful girls Jocilyn (6) and McKenna (4). Please enjoy our bloggity!