Tuesday, August 26, 2008

McKenna starts Kndergarten!!!

McKenna was funny about school. She's been so excited to start- for the most part. She's had her nervous moments where she claims to be shy and worries about there being "too many kids." The morning of her first day she came down for breakfast and announced that she was "petrified." I was interested to know if she knew what she said, and so I asked her, "Kenna, what does that mean?" .... "mom, it means I'm scared to death!!!"

So she proceeded to get ready for school- kindergarten here is only 1/2 day- and hers is the second half- so she had a long wait after she was ready at the same time Jocilyn was in the morning. Here she is at least 1/2 hour before the bus arrived- outside waiting to board it to head to school- at this point she announced that she was only excited now, not petrified anymore...

Finally... on the bus!! She is one of the first pick ups- so she has about a 40 minute ride before she gets to school...
Once at school, (I went to meet the bus... again) I think she had the "petrified" face back on... she kept looking to make sure she could find Matthew or I...
In line with her class... you can see Matthew and Sabrina behind the line (look through the arm of the video camera lady)...

Here she is just out in front of the school... pretty cute kid- I'm sure the kindergarten teacher will have better luck teaching her how to write her name than I've had... I don't think I could be a teacher!! We worked with her this summer on letters, numbers and her name and it was one of the more frustrating things I've ever done... Bless the teachers!!! ... Bless my little students! I may be the mom who follows the bus- but I don't cry- it is nice to have a little day to myself (although in November I will no longer have that, will I?!?)... my girls are just growing up... it's hard to let them spread their wings... this mama wants to keep them in the nest... but it's time to fly little Kenna-bird! Have a great year!

2 comments:

Travis and Marie said...

she's got great vocabulary...you've gotta give her that. What a cute girl!

Sugar Jane said...

Awwwww. I too don't cry but want everything to be great for them. Then when I feel like it's going good and their feeling confident, I love my little bit of time to get some things done or whatever.

About Us

Tuvalu
Matthew and Patricia have been married 9 years in December 07'. We have 2 beautiful girls Jocilyn (6) and McKenna (4). Please enjoy our bloggity!