Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Maesyn's Blessing

On Sunday February 1st we blessed Maesyn Marie in our ward. The blessing was very nice, her dad did it. Standing in were Grandpa's LeGrand and Carl, Uncles- Travis, Jeremy, and Todd. Some of the points of the blessing were: - to be a leader among her peers -to find and marry a worthy young man in the temple - that she and her mom will have a "special" bond/relationship - it was noted that we have waited a long time to welcome her into our family and we are so glad that she is here.
After the blessing we had a combined family lunch at Grandma and Grandpa Gibbens house. GM and GP Dianne and LeGrand couldn't come to the dinner because GM has been really sick lately. But it was nice that Uncle Westen and Heath came to the blessing with their families as well as those families who participated in the blessing. We missed the aunts and uncles who couldn't be there with our family- distance is frustrating sometimes.
Here is a little family picture right after sacrament meeting.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Travis and Marie said...

you look so hot! That was such a nice blessing day....good food too....it's just too bad the cardinals couldn't solidify a greater day by winning the super bowl. Oh well.

Sugar Jane said...

You all look GREAT!!! I personally would love a copy to put out. We don't have enough pics of our friends and I'd love to start up a "friends... another piece of our family" wall.
I am loving your hair Trish!

slades said...

Nice pictures of the fam. We love you and were so glad we could participate with the family

Ostler said...

What a darling family Trish, you look great!

Brigg and Dianne said...

What a terrific family picture! Everyone looks so good, and I love the matching dresses. Tricia, you looked especially glam!

Jake and Lynn said...

Your family is sooooo cute. Wish I could've been there for the blessing...

SladeMomma said...

Darling baby, but I'm more impressed with how great her mom looks! Good for you, ma'm!

About Us

Tuvalu
Matthew and Patricia have been married 9 years in December 07'. We have 2 beautiful girls Jocilyn (6) and McKenna (4). Please enjoy our bloggity!