warning: the format of this blog is disturbing- my photos won't cooperate and i'm tired of fighting them! I need professional blogging help... but not tonight, it's 3:45am and i'm going to give sleep another chance!
What is the longest you've ever stayed awake? I think my "record," (not that i'm proud of it) is somewhere in the 60 hour range. Why? Why? Why?!?!?! Can i not sleep? My eyes are tired, my body is worn out and yet sleep eludes me.

.. This hasn't always been a problem. It started with marriage and worsened with kids. So if you can- avoid the aforementioned and you should slumber peacefully. Problem is, marriage and kids are kinda cool. In fact, I rather like them. So, thank heavens I've found blogging in my life because ebay can get expensive when you're up all night!!!! kidding... I read too. ;-)
Current events: My car sucks. Not to look at- it's really pretty and one would think it worked just fine. But on a recent trip to UT for Scott and Britt's wedding a little light came on... oh, you know that spells trouble. This one seemed innocent enough, "check coolant level." So I read the handy little manual and it said, "add 50/50 antifreeze/special h20 solution as needed." So I bought some, I can be responsible. Matthew flew in to drive back with us and went to add it before we departed. I came out to the car and he said, "look at this." So i did... mind you the last time he did this was at the dealership when we bought the car and he asked me to point out the battery to him... after surveying under the hood I decided that it must have been left in Germany- who knew BMW's do not require a battery?!?!? ... Clever Germans. No, the sneaky beasterds put it underneath the backseat or some nonsense. For pete's blinkin' sake, a simple battery change on this car takes 4+ hours and must be done at the dealership... who knew. But, I digress.... So, we get back home and on Monday I called the dealership to get the car in for service. No problem, see you Thursday. This morning i took it in... and told our service advisor everything i could think of that the car has ever done- funny noises, oil leak, the air sometimes slows down and speeds up- and he looks at me like i'm a dumb female, but coddles me saying, "yes ma'am, we'll be sure to check that out and i'll give you a call this afternoon. Do you need a shuttle back home?" why yes, i do. "Where do you live?" ... Star.... he looks like i just said "mars"... and says, "oh dear, we don't go that far ma'am." I'm thinking- sure you do- I just left you my car and you can bet that i'm not walking!!! They took me home- but were adamant that they could not possibly pick me up when it was time for me to return and get my car.... whatever. The call i received later was not, "find a ride and come get your newly fixed car..." It was, "this is this and that is that and the total is..... $4,200.00... roughly...." I'll go in tomorrow and steal a rental car while mine is getting fixed (thank heavens for warranties!!!)
My sister recently said in her blog, "I want to be a kid again and have a razor scooter." Me too... and i think i'll wear rollerblades to ride it, and no helmet- I walk on the wild side... Listen to mom Hunter, only one toy with wheels at a time! (see http://cheerychesleys.blogspot.com/)
No comments:
Post a Comment