A different note: We've been braiding away here at home. My girls (especially Jocilyn) really want curly hair. Jocilyn's is very straight, like mine, where McKenna's has a little bit of soft curl. This morning when i was pulling some of Joc's braids back she said, "Mom, with my hair like this I look like an American-African." I thought that was pretty cute.
McKenna is into stealing my sparkling fruity water. She is determined to "try all the tastes." She is such a gurgle-gut.
Matthew is studying for the RID exam so that he can go back to being an interpreter (everyone say a little prayer or two).
At work we came up with a brilliant idea. We decided to do our own "March Madness." The first week we all wore crazy hats and/or crazy socks. I wore my graduation cap, others were: a sombrero, snow cap with built in earmuffs, jokers hat, bowlers, mad hatters hat- It was fun, but i didn't' have my new camera yet- so there weren't' any pics. This week is 50's/80's themed. It has been quite a flash back, my hair hasn't been this big in a really long time!!! Wednesday i actually did bangs- they were crazy, i had brushed them out and made a big poof by the time i took pics- it's been fun.
7 comments:
When I, years and years ago, used to do that to my girls hair I'd put sponge rollers in the ends of the braids so there were no straggly ends. Another way we'd do it is to put the hair up into a high ponytail on top of the head, then put tight rollers with gel in the ponytail. On top of the head it's okay to sleep in and the curls come our very fluffy rather than kinky like the braids. All that used to be the style.
I'm sending you rotated pics if you want to use them. Such cute getups.
i love the hair do in your pictures....in fact, all the new hair do's...how do you spell that? (due, doo, dew?) anyway, you did a fantastic job with dress up week. and I think american african is great!
I love all the pictures. You look great in all of them! It really looks like you have a very fun job.
Sorry to hear about your back. That has a fun factor of zero (here is where I would draw a little gauge with "fun factor" on a red arrow pointing at the number 0.)
So fun! I love the braids. when I was younger I taught myself to braid then I would do a ton of little ones all over to mimic the trend. My mom thought I was goofy.
Good luck to matt on his test! We'll say a little prayer for him!
we are never happy with our own hair, are we. your jocilyn sure is pretty no matter what her hair looks like.
and marie, i love that you think african american is great. :)
Love the pictures ans the hair! I also love that you call Mckenny a gurgle gut! Can't wait to see you soon!!! I wish it was tomorrow!!! I love sisters!
That is the cutest thing I have ever heard! What Jocilyn said not about your back... just thought I would clarify. I hope you feel back to normal soon!
Post a Comment