Friday, March 7, 2008

Talent, talent, talent

Who else wishes there were other font options? ... just wondering.

So tonight we had a ward primary talent show. It was a success, in large part due to the seemingly endless cotton candy and popcorn... (ooohhh, i do NOT envy the clean up crew!) I didn't' think i was going to be able to attend because it started at 6:30 and that's when I leave work from across town (on a good day I'm out by then). Tonight though I had a patient who's treatment ends at 4:30 and his ride didn't even show up until 7!!! Lucky me, the nurse can't leave as long as there are patients in the building.... so i stocked my drawers with syringes, etc.

Part way home Matthew called and said that the girls weren't until the end and I could probably make it. So I went... and i made it in plenty of time! Jocilyn wanted to do sign language for her talent, Kenna got nervous and ended up pretty much just standing by her sister. Jocilyn would sign and Matthew would interpret. She did a great job- I was a proud mama.
This is a pic of Jocilyn with our neighbor, her friend, Ava. She reminds me SOOO much of Regan... I love it- she's so funny without even knowing it. Truly, truly blonde.
So, let's hope that this weekend is better than last. Last weekend Matthew had to leave town with Travis because they were "on the lamb..." okay, not really- but they did have to go to Portland and that left me to deal with one of his hunting dogs that had eaten a blanket (among other things) and caused herself a bowel obstruction! Bad doggy! I know there are folks out there who would pay for the surgery- but unfortunately they won't pay for our dog to have it. So she had to be put down- leaving Matthew's other hunter all alone for the first time in her life. We've had Birdie for about 3 years now. She came to us with her brother who has since been adopted out and that's when Matthew got Pepper (who lives in heaven now). They've always been outside dogs... until now. There are no immediate plans to add another dog into the mix, and we couldn't leave her out there lonely and confused- so inside she's come! And I must say, she has done fantastic! Not a single accident, she's learning the rules as we go, but she is calm for the most part and great with the kids. I was wishing I had a camera the other day when Tyler was playing with her- it was to cute.
On that note- I hope to get pictures next time as we are going camera shopping tomorrow. In the meantime, I took some tonight with my moms... enjoy!
Oh, the cat... like mountain lion cat, is from Matthew's cougar hunt last January- we just got the mount not to long ago- I think she's so pretty. Hope you all have a great weekend!

5 comments:

slades said...

glad you were able to take pictures. the girls did so well, i was the beaming grandmother...
hopefully you will get some pictures of Tyler and the dog --and I love the cat...
happy day Mom

Sugar Jane said...

Yeah!!! I love new posts from ya! and yes... a diffrent font would be great! Kenna and Jos are getting so big and they are so stink'n adorable!
I'm sorry about your doggie. Thats rough. We have a crazy dog here at our house. Harley is her name. She is an American Bull dog. Right now she's Mariesas but they don't want her anymore, so we'll probably take her. She's a pretty good dog for the most part.
And very cool cat! I'm sure Matthew is in his element when he's hunting.
I'm excited for you and your new camera!
Love mandi

Travis and Marie said...

what do you mean kettle and pot? I post every weekend....I love your pictures especially jocilyn folding her arms and her hair still moving while she is looking at kenna. very cute. I think birdie is sweet too...I'll have to bring tyler over so we can capture how sweet she is with the little ones.

The Gibbens said...

you know the saying, "that's the pot calling the kettle black..." (meaning i was being a hypocrite because i was telling you to hurry up and post- but my blog goes way long in between... so i have no room to talk... get it?

Brigg and Dianne said...

Yay! What a fun post! Your girls are soooo cute!
May the camera gods smile upon you in your quest for the perfect image-capturing contraption.

About Us

Tuvalu
Matthew and Patricia have been married 9 years in December 07'. We have 2 beautiful girls Jocilyn (6) and McKenna (4). Please enjoy our bloggity!