Wednesday, July 16, 2008

TAGGED! Get ready, you're next!

Tagged by: Lynn-a-gin...

Rules: list 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions, and three random facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end.

3 joys

~Matthew, Jocilyn, McKenna, baby movements from the next addition...all of my family: Dad, Mom, bros, sis, in-laws... I'm lucky. Driving to work this morning when I was saying a morning prayer, I stopped and thanked Him for families- I know it is a blessing to us- but it is SUCH a blessing...

~Music- makes me so happy, I've been on a Broadway kick lately and I love that my girls are starting to love it too

~Time away from work and away from home at the same time (hopefully spent with joys listed as #1)

3 fears

~One of my biggest fears is always that the people I love don't know it, or don't know how much I love them... I really fret over this one- I worry that "what if" something happens and they don't know... So I hope you know who you are, and how much I love each of you-

~ That I won't have taught my kids well enough... I guess that is fear of failing as a parent

~ Bugs, mice, insects, winged beasts... and hornets- apparently they are HUGE (I think they fall under "wing-ed beast" actually...)

3 goals

~To be a stay at home mom, or at least a less at work mom (how's that?)

~To go visiting teaching this year... seriously, I have not been (this isn't something I'm proud of)

~ To be financially free by 40... what? No one said the goal had to be realistic...

~ I'll add a 4th because #3 is so far out!!! - how about this? To be more positive and to yell less as a mother

3 current obsessions

~ The Twilight series... I'm so excited for book 4 in Aug, and for the movie in December... During our Stakes "No Screen" month (no TV or Computer/video games... I call blogging "family journaling... so it doesn't count!) Anyway, I'm re-reading the series to get ready for book 4... it's ridiculous, I know... but that's the funny thing about obsessions

~ Maternity clothes... I just want to find some things that fit comfortably, in which I don't look like a whale...

~ I obsess about school starting and my girls being in 2 different schools- this causes me a great deal of angst... I'll get over it.

3 random facts about T...

~ I like to pay for things with exact change- it drives Matthew crazy when he's in the drivers seat at a drive through... I will also sort through my bills (paper money) and pay with the most wrinkled and tattered ones so that the crispest bills stay in my wallet longer....

~ I have multi colored dishes (they match, but are different solid colors- if that makes sense)- specifically, some of the kids cups, and our cereal bowls... I can't have them stacked with 2 of the same color together, for example: I need the 2 blues to be furthest away from each other, the 2 reds, etc... and the 2 color of kid cups need to go every other... I've loosened up a little because I just appreciate the help putting dishes away... but it really bothers me

~ I hate seafood, the look, taste, smell... everything about it- I occasionally think I might like it and I try it out again only to find out that- nope, I still hate it... another food thing, the older I've gotten the more rare I like my steak... don't know why!

Now, I tag (I don't have that many people on my blogging connections- so, sorry if you've been tagged already!) Amanda, Dianne, Scott, and whoever!

8 comments:

Travis and Marie said...

I think hornets are definately a "wing-ed" beast! And we must come from the same stock...lots of the same qualities you,lynnie,and I share. :)

Jake and Lynn said...

Okay the cup thing cracks me up. When I come visit I will be sneaking over to put your two blue cups right on top of each other. I found out we are opposite on a certain thing...the older I get the less I like steak/red meat (except hamburgers) how strange is that? Let's just keep this between you and me. I don't want me red meat-loving/hunting brother-in-laws finding out.

SladeMomma said...

For your Broadway kick, do you know about BlueGobo (http://bluegobo.com/), the video place for music theater addicts?

Brigg and Dianne said...

I loved reading this. These always make for good reflection time, and it's great to help others know you better. I assumed you meant me when you tagged Dianne, so I answered it on my blog. It was fun, thanks for the tag!

Sugar Jane said...

Ahhhh. You are right! They were very shy. It would be great if mines a girl! It would make the naming process a whole lot easier!
Lots of love!

Sugar Jane said...

Wow, I didn't know you were such a freak about your "colors" touching!!! Hahhaha. I love it! And HELLO!!! I LOVE TWILIGHT TOO!!!! My sister in law is having a prom party the night of the movie release. I totally need a cute t. www.Zazzle.com and www.cafepress.com have some fun ones. I also need book 2 and 3. I've read the 1st twice! I think I'll be making a phone call to my sister in law this week to borrow them again. Who's your favorite? Edward or Jacob?
Happy reading!!!!!

slades said...

loved this tagged thing...what are you counting down to. with the count down thing? can't figure it out

Marie said...

You Slades all have that fear of people not knowing how much you love them! I know, I know...so STOP worrying!
Also...I hear ya with the cups and bowls thing AND the exact change thing, especially the crisp bills thing. We must be sisters :)

About Us

Tuvalu
Matthew and Patricia have been married 9 years in December 07'. We have 2 beautiful girls Jocilyn (6) and McKenna (4). Please enjoy our bloggity!