Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Jocilyn's First Day of 2nd grade!


Jocilyn has been excited to start 2nd grade. She's at a new school this year, which is exciting. Here she is waiting to catch the bus...
This year was a new experience, I meant to take a picture of all of the school supplies we bought. Up until now there has been a nice little fee, and I was off the hook to go shopping for supplies. This year was our first with "the list." Why doesn't "the list" come with a disclaimer stating that it will be utterly impossible to find all of the items at one location? I felt bonded to the other moms at walmart by the time we were done- because we just kept running into each other isle after isle, over and over again- it was like we thought one more pass and suddenly the mysterious "prang watercolors," or "ticonderoga" pencils would appear... nope- they never did. They didn't appear at Target either- but Staples- that was the promised land of school supplies- they even had the staedtler mars eraser... which I was beginning to think was a mythological item altogether! So, alas there was full success in gathering supplies... Here is a picture of the child getting on her bus...


We are "those" parents... Matthew and I, and McKenna (because she has PM Kindergarten) drove to the school to meet the bus and take pictures.... Here she is having just arrived...

I was worried because after school there is a point where she has to change buses because she is on a "shuttle." So, naturally, I have visions of she and McKenna after school getting on the wrong bus headed the wrong direction entirely... but the staff are a bunch of thinkers I tell ya! As soon as the kids exited the bus their backpacks were tagged with color coordinated zip ties that would help get them back to there point of origin after school... amazing- and it worked too!!! For 2 days in a row she has now come safely home to me, right to the bus stop with her sister in tow... She's loving it so far... but it's only day 2- give it a week and getting up in the morning will be brutal!

5 comments:

SladeMomma said...

Oh, I remember the days! The all-important first day of school, the full bagpacks, the brand new outfit, new shoes, a little anxiety... They grow up and you hope they'll want to come home once in a while.

Travis and Marie said...

we are "those" parents too...following the bus and all. It's fun - I'm glad Joc wore the Hannah Montana dress....:)

Sugar Jane said...

I so hate bus's!! The school the kids went to when craig and mariesa lived with us tagged the kids backpacks with the bus number. Her girls still ended up on the wrong bus and were missing for 2 hours. The police were actually called. A crappy bus driver had no idea they were on the wrong bus and had no idea where they were supposed to get off and the girls got off when they thought it was their drop. (HELLO- little children shouldn't have to worry about this for at least the 1st week of school. Bus drivers should have a list and be checking names.) Thankfully they were still in our huge subdivision and that a really nice neighbor lady noticed that they were lost and took them back to school. We were so freaked out! It seems your bus people are on top of it. Here the schools and the bus drivers don't communicate at all! There like on diffrent planets. So I drive my boys. No bus's for me. That was enough trama to witness without it being my own! Maybe when their older.

slades said...

Oh, I too remember ==the 2 emotions I felt on the 1st day of school. Glad they were going , because they need to learn and grow. Yet full of emotion that they are growing up way too fast. I love the posts and pictures, have to admit they made me cry. love ya

Jake and Lynn said...

Is this really happening? Joc looks so grown up. Tell her I love her and miss her like a crazy person!!!

About Us

Tuvalu
Matthew and Patricia have been married 9 years in December 07'. We have 2 beautiful girls Jocilyn (6) and McKenna (4). Please enjoy our bloggity!