Thursday, November 6, 2008

Gibbens Halloween Party

Every year the Gibbens side of the family has a Halloween Party. I don't know exactly how long this tradition has been running- but the original clan (Matthew and siblings) get quite excited about it...


His brother even came to town from CT for this- partly because it was too expensive to fly down at Thanksgiving- but still...
So, one of the games involves making a spider out of pom-poms and pipe cleaners and then racing them across a table using nothing but a straw and all of the wind you can muster... This is Matthew's favorite event- he worked the night of the party this year, so he missed it and his brother, Jeremy, took the championship...


Here is a game where each child has a peanut tied to the end of their string and it sits (as you can see) on a plate in the center... I think there was music playing and when it stopped grandpa would have an inverted bowl and come crashing down on the plate and "catch" the peanuts that didn't make it out in time. If your peanut was caught you had to "pay" a peanut from your bowl, and when you're out of nuts... well, you're out...








I just thought that Raenne (sp?) made a cute little Tinkerbell... her costume didn't last long because it was too itchy... but was cute while it lasted! This is one of the cousins that grandma babysits and so she use to see Joc and Kenna all of the time when they were still going to grandmas for daycare... it's cute, Raenne calls them "Joc-in- cousin" and "Kenna-cousin"... it's just cute...

2 comments:

Travis and Marie said...

I think it's fun that your in-laws get so into halloween....I could do without the holiday really, I hate having the candy around. I eat it and it makes me sick.

Brigg and Dianne said...

Why are kids' costumes so itchy? I can't keep my kids in their costumes for long (without a shirt underneath) either.

About Us

Tuvalu
Matthew and Patricia have been married 9 years in December 07'. We have 2 beautiful girls Jocilyn (6) and McKenna (4). Please enjoy our bloggity!