Saturday, September 25, 2010

"You don't know who they were..."

While my mom was here, we got to talking about parenting. I find that I yell. I'm a yeller. There are times when my kids hear me say words that I shouldn't, especially to them.... I'm not proud of this, nor do I tell you so that you can turn me in to CPS! I'm not that bad! But my mom said something that struck me, and I've been mulling it over the past couple of days. She said, "your dad brought it home for me a long time ago when he said, 'Dianne, you don't know who they were in the pre-existance. They may have been your leaders, they may be older and wiser spirits... you don't know who they were...'"

We know that Heavenly Father is sending his most choice spirits at this time, some of the strongest, most valiant spirits are being sent here in these latter days. And even if we don't think they may have been anything more special than us in the pre-existence, they are NOT ours! They are on loan to us, they've been entrusted to us, we are going to be held accountable for what we teach them, how we treat them, and many other things pertaining to them when we face our Father on the other side. I don't want to have to explain why I was yelling stupid things, or being snarky toward them because I was in a foul mood, or how my sarcasm sometimes really becomes sardonic in nature. I love my kids! I would strangle anyone else for yelling at them! I would come un-glued! Un-hinged! and all other things "un!"

So, thanks mom for reminding me that my kids are so very special. That they are to be treated with respect at all times, even in times of discipline and training. My relationship with them is so important to me, I want them to trust and respect me, not fear me for any reason. So, new goals- yell less, respect more... this is good stuff!

About Us

Tuvalu
Matthew and Patricia have been married 9 years in December 07'. We have 2 beautiful girls Jocilyn (6) and McKenna (4). Please enjoy our bloggity!