Friday, November 12, 2010

Infor-maesyn overload (cont'd)

Chronologically speaking, these are in reverse order. About 2 weeks ago, Maesyn would only wear one sock. It was either purple w/ stripes, or this pink one with stripes (the purple one was on the opposite foot all day Saturday) Then Sunday came and she actually went to church this way! When Matthew picked her up from nursery, they were like, "ummmm, we think she only had one sock to begin with." Little funny girl!
This was our first trip to the beach out here. We are about an hour from Ventura Beach, which was nice and we really had a great family day out there. Maesyn just loved being able to walk around, tear down sand castles, dig holes, and just chill- as you see here! This was in August 2010.

Here she is, our own demolition crew...


Shoulda brought a book, I bet that's what she's thinking...

Maesyn LOVES her bath! She would bathe 20 times a day if I let her. I had to coerce her out of the tub, and then she sat in this basket for another ever.....

Anytime I'm in the bathroom, for whatever reason, to use it, to put make up on, to do my hair, whatever.... she comes in with me and does this. She just likes to be in the tub.

Here she's heading to the school to pick up Kenna. We're in CA now, she has to fit in, right?

Our furniture arrived about a week after we did. So there was lots of room to run and play. Here the girls are off to school (sometime in the first week) and they are standing in the dining room... Maesyn just loves to be with her sisters, no matter what they are doing... she wants to be just like them- hope they set a good example for the little squirt!

This is indeed the very first day of school. I don't think Mae had any inkling that she was going to be left alone all day with mom. She scrunches her little face like this a lot! So this pic was taken Aug. 12, 2010

I believe this was a day or two before we "pulled out" of Idaho. We had left our house and stayed the last couple-three nights at my parents (they were in Sweden- so we had the run of the place) Aunt Marie came over and gave the moochie a squish!

This was the Sunday before we left Idaho. We went over to some friends house, Holly and Troy Behunin (sp?) for enchiladas. It was a yummy dinner and fun "hang out" before we said our, "see ya laters!" Maesyn actually got that swing going fairly well once we gave her a start, it was impressive.

Okay, this one is back in Idaho, at the Havencrest house. We thought she was so cute playing on the computer... we realized it wasn't very cute when we found a virus. The kid is a genius- she downloaded a virus. It had been left open in YouTube and so who knows what she clicked on, but we had a computer friend take a look and he said it was a real doozy. Luckily, Matthew was able to repair it after several days and much hair pulling... we keep the keyboard away from her as much as possible these days!!! So that was probably June/July 2010.

Here's Grandma Dianne!!! Marie and I drove the Rhino in the little Star parade. The bigger kids rode in or on it and threw candy. Dallin and Maesyn watched w/ GM and watched... love that Grandma!
This was again in Idaho (I can tell that just from the remote she's holding! We don't have any cable or satellite service here in CA) This is just such a typical Maesyn pose... it had to be added!!

Laundry anyone? She discovered the dryer... and isn't that fun? I miss MY dryer... I miss my washer, and my fridge!!! Renting an apartment isn't bad, but I miss my nicer appliances- what a spoiled whiner am I? ...sorry.
Havencrest house stairs. All of the girls just sitting and chillin' not exactly certain when it was, but I do know it was summer 2010.

McKenna got a little swimming pool for her birthday. We played in it several days through the summer and the kids loved it! Here I think she had just slipped and fallen into the water and the look on her face says, "whoa! that's cold!!"
Before we ever filled the pool the girls had a blast with it inside the house. I have fun pictures of them cannon-balling in- caught in mid air (fully clothed, mind you) they sat on the outer rings and bounced on the airy cushions, and they trapped Maesyn in like a burrito several times- who knew a pool could be so much fun inside? I didn't, but it was so fun to watch my little cuties!!
When Maesyn is tired, she's just tired. I love that she sleeps with this blanket- it was mine as a baby and I still love the texture and warmth of it. I've patched up tears and repaired the ruffle, and she loves her blanket. She actually loves almost any blanket if she's in the mood... two ways to tell she's tired, she plays with her hair, and she lays down her head where ever she is!
She calls her pacifier a "beep," which we love around here. I know it is time to take it away, I know it is... here she is probably about 18 mos old, I always ask her to take out her beep for pictures, but she won't... you can see the silicone stretching here as Matthew trys to pry it from her mouth... she's probably going to be the only college student w/ a beep... my bad...

I may have posted this picture before... not sure, maybe that was on Face Book.. who knows... anyway, this was her most favorite drawer in the Havencrest kitchen... she loved to empty it's contents and crawl in... such a funny monkey. There was also a cupboard that she liked to hide in as well. I had drawers and cupboards that I did not use in both houses in Star... she'd be hard pressed to fit into anything like that here in the apartment! They're all occupied to the brim!


I just loved this outfit. And I think this was the only day that she left the headband alone!!! She's about 15 months here and just a happy baby who loves life.

She also adores her sisters, as I've mentioned. I had just been video taping the three of them dancing around like crazies before I took this still shot. I love that my kids get along with one another (most of the time) I sure hope that carries through teenage years... I know it's wishful thinking, but this world is so messed up, they would do well to remain allies and friends- at least they would know that's one thing they could count on to be true (friend wise)... we'll see.

Genius, I tell you, pure genius!! She later ripped both arms off that pair of glasses... I really need to go get new ones, I'm down to one
pair that I guard with my life!!!
My mom had a RS function that required balloons- so Maesyn went with me to pick them up and deliver them- to this day, she LOVES "Boons"... so she was excited when leftover balloons came to our house. I thought I'd downloaded a pic of her carrying them outside, it's a darling pic, but instead I ended up with two of these- oh well- these stayed afloat for many, many days- I don't know what Albertson's did to them, but they were like super-fied "boons"... I finally had to kill them... but she was such a joy to watch when she played with them. Actually, at that time she called them "balls." So she was always asking for balls from the ceiling! NOW she calls them boons...
Well, dang... I know uploaded pics of her first b-day and from even before that...I don't know where they went... this is why I stopped blogging- it is so frustrating with the pics!!! Anyway- at least here are some newer ones of Maesyn, she'll be 2 next week whether we like it or not... and for the record, I do NOT like it, not one tiny bit...

4 comments:

Travis and Marie said...

I love all the pictures! Even the one sock wonder! What cute girls youhave....makes me miss them so much! come back.......

Brigg and Dianne said...

It was great to see all those cute pics! I am so glad you posted them!

jocilyn gibbens said...

Well she is super cute and anoying too. She can be funn to handle somrtime(not really).I wish she was a little more careful sometimes.(Broke my toy doll, and lost a gift of mine.) But I love her.

SladeMomma said...

I'm finally catching up on my blog reading and I couldn't believe how Maesyn has grown. It looks like she has been a fun one! I enjoyed catching up with the big sisters as well. You have beautiful daughters.

About Us

Tuvalu
Matthew and Patricia have been married 9 years in December 07'. We have 2 beautiful girls Jocilyn (6) and McKenna (4). Please enjoy our bloggity!