Wednesday, December 8, 2010

the "oses"

So a couple of things I don't want to forget that my kids are saying.

Maesyn's latest is, "What is that?" very enunciated when she does it, and she wants to know what EVERYTHING is.... also, "Shut the door!"... this one is random, at our house it isn't uncommon for the kids to hear Matthew and I argue over who loves who more. So, the other day when Maesyn was sick, she says to me, "mom, I love you too much."

McKenna- So a Lactaid Milk commercial came on and she and Jocilyn asked, "what is that for?" So I explained that Lactose is a sugar found in dairy products and some people have a really hard time digesting them. I went on to teach them that if they hear "ose" at the end of a word, ie: fructose, glucose, sucrose, etc... it was a sugar. My McKenna said, "OHHHHHH I LOVE the 'oses!!!'"

Jocilyn has her first Band concert tonight. She practiced for the first time yesterday with the whole band, up to this point she's only been with the flutes. She is quite worried about how this performance will go- I told her, "honey, do you know that mom still gets nervous when she sings? sometimes nerves help you perform better." She said, "yeah, but it isn't your first time." I reminded her that ONE time it WAS my first time... this morning she asked me if I was alive in the 1920's..... last week she wondered if I was alive in the 1800's..... hmmm, how old does she think I am! Kids are so fun... they entertain me!

7 comments:

The Oman Family said...

I love the 'oses' too! Kids crack me up! I always thought my parents were alive in the 1920's too. Guess its a kid thing.

Brigg and Dianne said...

What a fun post! Your girls are so cute, I'm glad you recorded what they are saying!

jocilyn gibbens said...

First of all I think you are VERY old,second of all... allthat is so true. But I know you were alive in the 1200s(just kidding).

slades said...

Jocilyn asked my once when we were camping and doing the dishes by hand , if this is how I did dished in the olden days. ANd I don't even go back to the 1920's. love this post .

Travis and Marie said...

That is too cute...the "oses" too bad they aren't good for you...cuase they taste soooo good!

Sugar Jane said...

LOL!!!! Oh how I miss you guys!!!

Unknown said...

McKenna is way too cute with her "oses"! I love my doses of oses too!

About Us

Tuvalu
Matthew and Patricia have been married 9 years in December 07'. We have 2 beautiful girls Jocilyn (6) and McKenna (4). Please enjoy our bloggity!