Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The talent of my mother amazes me still!

So... my house is lacking a lot of things- I've improvised window coverings thus far and it hasn't been good. Here is a pic of the front room (technically the dining room, but we use it for more of a formal living)... this is "before" my mom made roman shades for the entire first floor of our home.
This is another window in the same room (formal living). We currently have our computer in the opposite corner- and the glare through this window made it impossible to see in the day time. So this is a very crude, ill fit, awful looking sheet used to cut the glare... doesn't get any prettier than that! ... not. These are the new treatments in the formal living room... and no glare from the window on the right!
My eating area... I love these toppers! She's crazy tallented! I just need to "string" the backs of all the new window coverings and turn them into functioning roman shades... what a mom.
Posted by PicasaHere is a before of the family room (there were tan curtains over these light blocking shades.... but they'd already been taken down when i grabbed the camera... it hasn't looked this bad the whole time...)And now... freshly steamed (see the steamer in the corner?) Here are the new mom-made treatments!Last window on the main floor of the house- we will match this to the ones in the eating area- and paint the wall behind red... I'm loving this!
Mom~ thank you so much for all of the time, dreams, and hard work you put into this for me. I really appreciate all you do for me- i'm so blessed to be your daughter... you are the most talented lady i know and i love you!

3 comments:

Brigg and Dianne said...

So cute! I love window treatments. They really warm up a space, don't you think?

Travis and Marie said...

love the hair...love the window treatments...love having you down the street....love that my neighbor thinks she knows me better than you do.

Jake and Lynn said...

I LOVE IT! Looks so gooooood! I need to come visit to see it in person!

About Us

Tuvalu
Matthew and Patricia have been married 9 years in December 07'. We have 2 beautiful girls Jocilyn (6) and McKenna (4). Please enjoy our bloggity!