Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hope you had a great Easter!!!

Here are the dresses to which I'd added sleeves the day before (the sleeves were remnants of fabric from Lynn's temple dress... thanks mom for your guidance, I couldn't have done this without you).

Some pics of the girls after church... When we walked into Sacrament meeting they were just getting up to open the meeting and as we walked to the front (because that's where deaf people sit... and Matthew always helps interpret- I hate sitting up front) But anyway, as we went up you could hear little whispers and "ooohh's" from the congregation- I felt like a happy mama thinking, "Yeah!!! My girls are cute!!!" ... I mean, I always know they are... just some weeks I don't feel like we have our "A" game on... and a lot of days we don't, bad hair, dirty faces, rumbled clothes, dirty kid nails that need cut... you know how it goes...


Here is one that is out of order from earlier in the morning when they checked out their baskets...

We had 2 egg hunts. First was at our Aunt Julie and Uncle Jeremy's.... lot's more competition at that one...

Jocilyn is so funny, she always looks like she's afraid to get dirty...



This is out of order, but is from Saturday night when the cousins joined us to color eggs... it was fun.

A pic of Matthew and Travis while the rest of us colored eggs. I think it is funny how they sit the same... no wonder everyone thinks they're brothers...
A pic of Jocilyn and Kenna right after "finding" their baskets Easter morning (the bunny hides them at our house- I'd never heard of that until I got married...)
Hope you all had a very happy Easter, ours was filled with lots of family and good food. We were also blessed to have a great sacrament meeting that carried a strong spirit and the true meaning of Easter... I'm so thankful for our Savior and for his sacrifice for me, my family, and friends like you- We tried to keep turning the kids attention back to the real meaning- I hope we get more successful at helping them realize that as they grow.



9 comments:

Sugar Jane said...

The girls dresses turned out adorable. There were no doubts mind you. I'll post our easter pics when I get a quiet moment.

Brigg and Dianne said...

Cutest dresses I ever did see! They could be twins. You did an egg-cellent job (just kidding-- but seriously it fits). It really looks like you guys had a fun/nice time. I try to play up the religious aspects too, but when they're so young I'm not sure how much sinks in.

slades said...

loved the pictures. It was a good weekend

SladeMomma said...

Beautiful girls. Love their curly hair and their dresses, with sleeves. Kudos to their mom!

Travis and Marie said...

don't fret sister...to the outsider, your girls always look like you are on your "A" game. They have the look of porcelain dolls. I enjoyed dying eggs at your house...fun stuff.

Jake and Lynn said...

The dresses turned out sooooo cute! I know I say this all the time but I miss your girls terribly. Please don't let them be cute anymore until I can come and soak it all up. I really did have so much fun with you last weekend. It's too bad we don't live closer. I love you lots!!!

Sugar Jane said...

I need a new update trish! I miss you friend!

Travis and Marie said...

I'm done with this post.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂ­deo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.

About Us

Tuvalu
Matthew and Patricia have been married 9 years in December 07'. We have 2 beautiful girls Jocilyn (6) and McKenna (4). Please enjoy our bloggity!