So catching up the week...



We danced- with hair in our face, in the air, everywhere!!!


We were stuck by a train..
. which is better than being struck by a train... but it was 5 minutes I'll never get back.... 
. which is better than being struck by a train... but it was 5 minutes I'll never get back.... 

The girls Easter dresses are finished. I bought them last year for Easter and then ended up using different dresses that were the ones they wore for Scott and Brittany's wedding. So the other day I was cleaning out the closet under the stairs and there was something with a Macy's bag over it, I'm thinking, "what the heck is this?" Last years dresses!!! So now they are this years- but they are sleeveless, so my brilliant mama helped me figure out how to add some. I figure this is a skill that I'll likely need later on because as the title says, "we live in a sleeveless world" and my kids aren't allowed- at least at church, and when they're
bigger not at all if i can help it. Somehow it seems still okay when they're little, but the bigger they get the more un-okay it feels. Anyway, I'll post pics of the finished dresses tomorrow when they have 2 little beauties in them for church.
bigger not at all if i can help it. Somehow it seems still okay when they're little, but the bigger they get the more un-okay it feels. Anyway, I'll post pics of the finished dresses tomorrow when they have 2 little beauties in them for church.Ps... Never leave Easter basket/candy/ whatever shopping on the day before Easter... I swear it was worse than Christmas Eve...
9 comments:
don't you feel so accomplished when mom helps you do a project and you participatate? Maybe it's just me...maybe I should have spelling classes again.
love the dancing pictures. the dresses turned out very well.
I feel you on the train! I you're so clever to have your camera handy. We're out by the train tracks at Rittenhouse and Hawes Rd., and if I see the train coming I go the long way around. I made the mistake once of thinking...."Oh it'll be fast" It ended up stopping on the track over the intersection and we sat stuck for 10 minutes!
And so handy with a sewing machine. When we move, I'm planning on getting handy and creative with the one Bran bought me for christmas.
Thank you for the post.
I love you too neighbor sister friend! Thanks for praying for us. I feel like we really need it.
Tell those cute dancer girls to keep dance'n.
Aw, I knew they were going to be dancers:) I'm impressed! I'm definately not to that point yet. I'm sticking to the strait lines and no patterns for now.
I'm right there with you on the modesty issue. I can't bring myself to buy shirts without sleeves, or two-piece swimming suits for my girls. My hope is that they will just be used to it, and there will be no adjustment when they get bigger. Good on ya for the sewing talents!!!
show me the finished product!! 4days and counting....see ya soon!
I am reminded of making Dana's senior prom dress. She went with a group of LDS girls and their dates. These were daughters of bishopric and stake presidency members and none except Dana had sleeves in their dresses. Yes, spaghetti straps. Dana thanked me after the night was over because she felt so much more comfortable being that close with her date in a non-revealing dress.
Over the years there were lots of "discussions" about the sleeve issue, but now she sews her 3 daughters their dresses, yes, with sleeves.
Kudos, good momma!
ummm, tricia, thank a heap for the awful pic of me on your blog for the whole world to see:) Sure love ya! Carrie;)
kudos to you. I have to be honest, I don't think I could have been as resourceful as you. I would have probably gotten really frustrated and ran to the store to buy whole new dresses. They look great.
Post a Comment