
To the doctors office! So, last night the girls fell asleep in my bed (which they sometimes do when Matthew is late). I came up and they were already out- I lay down and Kenna was on my side and I got comfy with one arm kinda over her- I could feel her heart beating under my hand. I like to do that sometimes- I think it's the nurse in me, just checking things out. I do it to Matthew too... I feel his heart beat or pulse and say a little prayer to literally "bless his heart" as I appreciate the regularity and strength of it's rhythm. So, last night I'm doing the same when I realize, "wait a minute, this is not a regular rhythm..." so off I go to grab a stethoscope. I come back up and listen- nope, not regular. I wonder, am I hearing things? So I listen to Jocilyn's (mind you they are both still sleeping soundly, oblivious to their mothers concerns)- Joc's is regular as a clock... so back to Kenna's... still irregular... I start to cry...
Of course my mind takes me all of the worst possible places, and I resolve to have her seen the next day. Problem is we don't' have an established pediatrician here- so I called Marie's this morning and explained that I needed to make a well child visit (which I did need to) and I also told them of my new concern. Gladly they were also concerned and got her in today before her afternoon school started.
You know how your car makes that funny noise until you take it in? Well, it would seem that's what Kenna did. The doctor didn't hear anything concerning- which I'm thankful for- He would have ordered an EKG, and still will if I change my mind, but we agreed that since there is no family history, and she is not symptomatic- we will just "watch and see." I'd had Matthew listen before we went in and he heard it too... so I know I'm not crazy- but she is SO healthy- it didn't really make sense... The doc thinks that it is likely just related to her respirations because he did hear a little of that on his exam...
So, she got 3 immunizations and a pair of cool sunglasses and then off to school. I got a little lesson in appreciating your kids/loved ones because we don't know what tomorrow brings. Last night I was sure that my whole world as I knew it was about to change- I was sure that my baby was going to have visits to the cardiologist, endless testing, possible medications, maybe activity restrictions, hospitalizations, etc..... thankfully, it seems that is not the case... but today I appreciated my family a bit more than usual with a perspective check... man, I'm SO not in charge here, am I... faith, faith, faith.......


Here are the girls after school having their snack and chillin' out for a minute. School is still cool!... Don't miss the other 2 new posts about their first day(s)-
4 comments:
so glad everything is great! I love her sunglasses!
Oh Trish. I would have cryed too! I've been in that position where I'm worried but wondering if I'm being silly. I'm glad she's ok and we pray she stays that way!
There is nothing worse than worrying about one of your kids, and I think nurse moms worry more.
Your girls looked so, so cute on their first school day!
Mom is slowly getting better. She is giving herself the time to rest and heal. Just taking it one day at a time.
Things are good. Right now I am thankful for the blessings we have and just trying to remember patience and faith.
I'm so glad that everything seemed to be on the up and up. None the less that little girl of yours will be in my prayers tonight. Let her know that we love love love her and can't believe she's in school. It's funny but I can't see her saying she's "pretrified" she's such a fearless little thing.
Post a Comment