Sunday, December 14, 2008

Living a life of leisure....

I was analyzing our routine and decided that we are quite out of the ordinary these days. I think you might even compare us to royalty, or at the very least the rich and spoiled. We don't start our day too early, in fact, oft times we don't even shower and dress until noon (or later). We are very picky about our diet, so as not to upset our delicate system (mostly Maesyn's delicate system...) Mom wishes she didn't have to be so picky- I say, "where did all the spices go?... and my dairy, what happened to yogurt, cheese, and milk? They are my staples, people- my STAPLES!!!... I want hot, spicy foods... saucy yummy dishes that would have a chili beside them on the menu to warn of their "hotness"... will I ever partake of them again? Some days I fear not- because even being careful with my diet, she gets a stomachache.....



Lastly, we party late into the night- the fun is only beginning for us when the rest of you are climbing into your beds for the night..... oh how I miss my bed- I haven't been able to spend quality time in it. Last night I literally slept on the couch- not my favorite- I'll try not to do that again! This life of leisure may kill me, I miss my plain, boring, routine- and here's something I realized the other day- going to work is much easier and less frustrating than staying home... but please don't send me back too soon! I'm enjoying my kids and just being a mom for now...

3 comments:

Travis and Marie said...

you must be royalty...if only I could have that same lifestyle...oh wait, I do!

Sugar Jane said...

I loved all your posts! It makes me feel like you guys aren't so far away. Just the other day Bran turned from the computer and said, " I miss Matt and Trish. What great neighbors."
I replyed with, "I know, I do too!"
So you're totally missed over here!
I truely feel so spoiled after reading your post about the royal treatment your getting:P Sure we had no money with Bran working from home for himself the last 3 years but boy, has it been a blessing too. He was a wonder with Brock and even had to help Craig with Izzy when they lived with us and she wouldn't stop crying. (Totally impressive. It's like he spoke baby!)
We do pray for work as he is now starting a renovations company with the help from his friend Derek but I also hope he gets good baby time in when our little girl comes.
Poor baby Mae with a tummy ache. I hope it gets better soon so you can eat!!! WE love you guys and I agree with your nurses.... She is the cutest ever! And so are those big girls of yours.
Lots of love and Merry Christmas!

SladeMomma said...

Then you look into the eyes of those darling girls and feel very blessed to be living this life of leisure for a little while. Work can wait and so can all the other necessary jobs, and even the spicy food. Enjoy the moment, you queen mother!

About Us

Tuvalu
Matthew and Patricia have been married 9 years in December 07'. We have 2 beautiful girls Jocilyn (6) and McKenna (4). Please enjoy our bloggity!