Sunday, September 21, 2008

"I'm so glad when daddy comes home..."

So, as I've indicated in earlier posts, September is Elk season (archery)....... what does this mean? Why do I care? ... well, I don't particularly care- but my other half cares A LOT... Before I die I'm going to find a hobby that takes me away (hopefully I can do this while there are still relatively young kids at home to "enhance" the parents schedule and stress level...) anyway- this hobby that I find will be my intense focus for at least a month leading up to the actual month I participate in said hobby. Then the month of the hobby I will be required to leave my home, husband, and children and travel a distance that makes me unavailable to anyone on the planet... cell phones don't work and loved ones only have the vaguest of ideas where I actually am.... this will need to happen at least Friday through Sunday every weekend of the month... and sometimes I'll need to leave on Wed, or Thurs in order to get done what I need to get done..... I'm not sure what my hobby will entail... except for the parts I've just explained..... But I think it's only right that I should have one... I know some other women who would even join a club with such a hobby- they've likely lost their husbands to elk (and other) season(s) as well, although they may be more use to it by now and not quite as bitter every year as I tend to still be. You see, a hunter I did not marry. The first 6 or so years of our marriage were "hunt free," I had a year round spouse, father, and helpmate.... it's only in more recent years that the call of the wild reached Matthew- and I struggle...

So, the second weekend just ended and it's always a party when dad gets home. So he told the girls we could go to PoJo's (a pizza place with games- like a Peter Piper's for example)- Off we went for sub-par pizza and all the fun you can have at a place like that. Jocilyn and McKenna had a blast with the games and rides. McKenna just kept getting back on the bumper cars, the last ride of the night the guy at the gate let Matthew go in with the girls and it was just the 3 of them bumping each other around- it was dark and the pics didn't turn out great, but you can see that there are smiles- it was fun to watch them laugh and play...


The elk is winning the game right now- so, until dad leaves again next weekend- I leave you with these pictures of PoJo's- Have a good week!

4 comments:

slades said...

It looks like a party. and fun was had by all. I don't understand the hunter thing..but the party for the return of the warrior is fun.

Brigg and Dianne said...

Those bumper cars look awesome! As far as the hunting thing goes, you could charge $100 for every weekend he's gone, then promise yourself a shopping spree or something (besides, with all that elk meat, you can save on groceries).

The Oman Family said...

I totally agree about find a hobby that takes you away as much as hunting takes the men away. Luckily Sam doesn't have many hunts this year. Its not easy being a single mom!

Travis and Marie said...

did you play deal or no deal? that's my favorite to play at Pojos. Sorry about the hunting hobby...

About Us

Tuvalu
Matthew and Patricia have been married 9 years in December 07'. We have 2 beautiful girls Jocilyn (6) and McKenna (4). Please enjoy our bloggity!