
I've not had a piano in the home since I left my mom and dad's home... I don't play well, but I can pick out a tune, or make up my own things... I enjoy having one around but just haven't had one. So a couple of weeks ago Matthew comes home and asks if I'd like Julie's mom's old piano (she passed away recently and the house is getting cleaned out). I said, "sure!" I couldn't remember what it looked like or anything, but it was free, right? Later, on talking to my mother-in-law I discovered that she hadn't wanted it because it's hideously ugly.... I think to myself, "oh, crap... that's not good, even if it is free, I'll hate it!"... As it turns out, it isn't hideous, or ugly and even plays pretty well- it needs a thorough cleaning, and the middle peddle doesn't work because the damper is missing- but the piano mover was
impressed with how well it's held it's tune and the girls are thrilled to have it here.... what's more, I wowed them by playing a couple of the hymns that I know- I may as well have played some Beethoven they were so impressed... I was kinda shocked myself that I could still get through them... that is a talent that I so admire in Marie and others who play well- I love piano music, add in a cello or bass and mmmm, mmmm, mmmmm.....
impressed with how well it's held it's tune and the girls are thrilled to have it here.... what's more, I wowed them by playing a couple of the hymns that I know- I may as well have played some Beethoven they were so impressed... I was kinda shocked myself that I could still get through them... that is a talent that I so admire in Marie and others who play well- I love piano music, add in a cello or bass and mmmm, mmmm, mmmmm.....
5 comments:
It IS pretty! I really love those tall kind. How nice that you and your girls already enjoy it so much. Trish got my mom's, so I will just have to wait for mine. I can't even play, but having one would help me learn (I think).
Yeah! I think every home should have a piano. And every kid should play the piano...unless they play a different instrument. Aren't your girls old enough to begin lessons?
That is the coolest looking piano ever! How fun!
Holy Heck! I love it! It looks just like the one my mom has but white washed. Of all the luck! I have been on the hunt off and on for the last 2 years for a gorgeous ingraved upright. YA RIGHT has been the result. Either they're so trashed, I'd spend and arm and a leg in repairs, or they
're priced too high. That is so awesome. I am so happy and just a pinch of jelous (but I'm pretty sure that's just the hormone monster talking again)
It's so pretty. I love it. You should play broken up cords for a while and tell you girls a story of a dog that got killed....do you remember that? I am laughing right now.
Post a Comment