Sunday, September 21, 2008

The swells of pregnancy! (2 posts today)

I haven't really posted a picture of the tummy.... so in case you were curious, we've well exceeded the "bump" stage of the game and are into the large stage where it should be obvious that a growing baby has taken up residence in my uterus... Here I am at about 26 weeks (in the Khaki)... see, it's obvious right? Then why are people asking and then seeming shocked and awed? I was at the bike shop the other day and this lady was there with her newborn- I commented how cute, etc, etc... we continued to do our separate shopper thing and then she asked me if I was expecting..... um, yeah?This is the breakroom at my work- that's my gaping locker in the background... this pic was taken on the 20th (last Sat) I'm 31 weeks right? So I'm helping a patient in the bathroom when one of my co-workers comes to check on me- the patient asked me, "what? is he afraid I'm gonna do something to you in here?" I said, "No 'John,' he's making sure I don't need help because I can't be lifting you, I'm pregnant..." His reply, "Well I've been wondering!!!!" .......... really? do I just look like a proud fat lady? I think I look pretty prego! I sure feel pretty prego!!!In this picture you can see the impression my finger left on my leg- I'm pretty swollen by the end of the day whether or not I work... The next picture is kinda disturbing, but it shows how deep the swelling goes- my leg looks totally deformed- it'll do that clear up to my knee, it's a fun trick. All in all things are going well- I'm down to the every 2 week visits with my doctor. At my last appt he gave me a prescription for my never-ending headache, and of course assured me it would be safe to take- well, I took one on Saturday and it must have made her (the baby) tired because I hadn't' felt her for what seemed like a really long time and was starting to get freaked out- I was literally in the Costco parking lot, in my car with the seat reclined (she usually gets active when I lay down) so I was laying there poking all over my belly trying to coax her into moving... she gave me a pathetic kick and then when I got home and laid down she finally picked up the pace... I won't be taking any more of that medicine!!! So, the worst of it is the "cankles," I've never had them this bad with my other pregnancies... but my blood pressure is stable- so I guess I just keep going and enjoy my squishy legs that are beating even my most swollen patients (my patients swell a lot- part of kidney failure... and part of pregnancy!)- I'm winning! (and mine will go away- thank heavens!)

6 comments:

Sugar Jane said...

Holy Hannah. You have a basketball under your shirt. And people are lame! Who gains all their weight in the stomach so it protrudes so? NO ONE! Ok well maybe and avid beer specialist who rides a harley. But you're adorable. At least I think so. Poor legs thought. I've never been that swollen and I think I'd freak if my skin did that. My sister in law's legs do that after a long day at the hospital too, except she's not prego. She just retains water. And I am so in on the "Hobby" thing. I'm just glad bran doesn't have to travel to enjoy his hobby of sports, although, we will never live more than an hour away from a professional staduim... ever. So moving to Utah is out, as I've told my mother a ton of times. Anyways. I'm rambling.
Love you friend!!!!

Jake and Lynn said...

Yeah you look so cute pregnant!!! I'm sorry about the swelling it must be in the fam, I swolled up a lot too! I'm with Marie though it does look pretty cool.

SladeMomma said...

I think you look great. Just wear long pants and long skirts. Summer's over after all. But there certainly is a price to pay for these precious little ones as it plays havoc with a mom's body. I think we don't realize what a toll it takes. My mother suffers from leg problems stemming from carrying twins who are now 46. Don't think she'd give them back, however.

Robby and Mary said...

Your belly looks so cute. Robby and I are excited for you guys.

Brittany and Scott said...

isn't it amazing the stupid things that people will say to you when you are pregnant?? and i am sorry to hear/see that you are swollen, but those are some pretty amazing pics.

Trish said...

Are you expecting? Ummmm....YEAH! Holy pitting edema in your legs and ankles... I know how it is being on your feet all day and having swollen ankles. They feel like dead weight.

About Us

Tuvalu
Matthew and Patricia have been married 9 years in December 07'. We have 2 beautiful girls Jocilyn (6) and McKenna (4). Please enjoy our bloggity!