Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas 2008

It all started on Christmas Eve...
I had wrapping to do and they knew it, so once they were safely locked away and too afraid to cheat... we were off... (you can't see, but the baby monitor was this side of the gates to hear if they tried to take them down)

This year started a tradition of new PJ's and slippers for the kids on Christmas Eve... I think next year for the mama too! Anyway- this year McKenna was the first up- she came in around 7 and woke us up to go and see if Santa had come and if he'd brought anything. Matthew has us all hold at the top of the stairs and come down youngest first... here we are with our crazy Christmas morning hair- wild and all fly away... At our house there really aren't any presents under the tree until Santa puts them there. He even places the ones from mom and dad, etc. That is a Gibbens tradition- and I believe the reason is likely to make it that much more exciting to walk in and behold a great gift explosion under the tree on Christmas morning.... I could be wrong- but it is a pretty dramatic thing to go to bed with 1-2 under there and wake up to this... Santa also tinsels our tree when he comes...


The Girls check stockings first- Stockings are another thing that have taken on a heavy Gibbens influence- for better or worse...I like the Slade way it's a lot more tidy... Gibbens stockings are full to overflowing with nuts, candy and a piece of fruit. It was funny last year the girls got oranges in their stockings and Kenna hollers out, "Hey! Santa knows I hate oranges!" So this year she got an apple and she made a comment that he must have remembered this year not to give her another orange... it was pretty cute. The biggest hit for the girls were MP3 players. We kept having to tell them to turn the volume down, to which they'd reply, "WHAT?... I CAN'T HEAR YOU, WHAT DID YOU SAY?" I use to hate it when my parents made me do that. Headphones are just better loud- until you are the parent and those are your babies ears... even though we have sign language on standby, I think I'd rather preserve their sense of hearing... Matthew's favorite gift was actually one of my gifts. He got me a little thingy- I don't know the name of it- but it makes it so that the laptop picks up the wireless signal in the house so that I can check my blog while feeding the baby- very exciting- we have all thoroughly enjoyed that.








Well, it took me a while, but there is the Christmas summary. We hope you all enjoyed the season and were able to reflect on the Savior... Hope you are on your way to a very happy new year!








2 comments:

Travis and Marie said...

I love that you made comments on my blog while I was logged in and it looks like I made my own comments....ha! I think McKenna is cute about her apple....and where did you find the MP3 players? Good idea....Hunter would love one...if it played Apple Bottom Jeans...boots with the fur! ")

Brigg and Dianne said...

I loved your Christmas pictures. It's not easy trying to mesh the two family's traditions, is it? The pajamas were cute. I love those matching sets like that.

About Us

Tuvalu
Matthew and Patricia have been married 9 years in December 07'. We have 2 beautiful girls Jocilyn (6) and McKenna (4). Please enjoy our bloggity!