Saturday, January 24, 2009

Toothfairy in town

Jocilyn is my kid. By the time I was 3 I had something like 6 cavities at my first dental visit (mom, correct me if I'm wrong...). Joc has had more dental work than any of my other kids- so far Maesyn has been perfect! She's had to have a couple of extractions to make room for other teeth and also one or two just because we were beyond saving the tooth- so she has a space saving retainer in her mouth- in this pic you can also see a silver capped tooth in the back top left of her mouth. Anyway, she has really started losing teeth on her own. She lost her right front tooth around Christmas and the left has been getting looser and looser- last night she was able to pull it. Matthew thinks I'm hitting her or something (just kidding) he just didn't realize that they all fall out close together leaving very toothless grins...
Her cousin, Hunter, had gotten pixie/fairy dust when the tooth fairy visited him. So when I rang the tooth fairy I added that as a request on Jocilyn's behalf, she was even willing to take the dust in lieu of money (wow!). I wasn't really very excited about fairy dust because I thought, "yuck, on the sheets? Firstly, what if she breaths it? Secondly, I have to change already clean sheets..." The tooth fairy is clean though, and thoughtful of moms having to change sheets... Here is a pic of how she delivered the dust and money combo- fancy! Jocilyn was thrilled.
Her bottom tow teeth just fill in that gap- looks like very buck teeth (she's ready to play the part of the Easter bunny now!)
The toothfairy left her a note attatched to her money last visit, stitched to her pillow with dental floss. She has very nice, TINY, writing and there was pixie glitter all over the note- it read: "Jocilyn- I'm sorry that I missed you last night. I've been very busy. Please take care of the rest of your teeth. I don't want to come back for any more that the dentist had to pull becuase they were rotten. Brush, brush, brush! Set a good example for your sisters! ... Sincerely, The Tooth Fairy"
... She is very creative- that note has been floating around my house for at least 2 months- so I took a pic and threw it away- paper is my nemesis. Anyway... until the fairy strikes again!



3 comments:

Travis and Marie said...

I love that her teeth on the bottom fill in the top space....so very cute...what a nice tooth fairy. ;)

Julie said...

I love her grin. Lucky girl, a smile like that she is cute enough to make everybody else smile.

Brigg and Dianne said...

Hmm, I think the tooth fairy needs to log this one in as 'successful' and I'm going to ask her to do the same for my kids when they start losing teeth. The letter was so sweet!

About Us

Tuvalu
Matthew and Patricia have been married 9 years in December 07'. We have 2 beautiful girls Jocilyn (6) and McKenna (4). Please enjoy our bloggity!