Wednesday, January 14, 2009

This is dedicated to the one I love...

December 22, 1998- December 22, 2008- with much more to come
This was our 10th anniversary. I can hardly believe it's bee that long. To all of you who are married, remember the early days when you'd meet a couple who had been married for 1,2,5 or so years and it seemed like- "WOW! That's a long time, wonder if we'll get there in one piece!"... do you remember that? or were Matthew and I the only ones?
Anyway- it's been a great 10 years. We have gone through a lot together, truly the first year was the hardest, I think we'd both agree. We have been through great highs and some pretty hard lows... and we aren't done. We have lived in 2 states, traveled to at least 8 states (that were the actual destination), driven from Idaho to Southbend, IN (hit lots of states in that trip) just the two of us- that was a fun road trip for me, I love to travel with Matthew. We've owned 3 homes, lived in 1 apt, a guest house, my parents home while they were tending to the England's properties in UT, and now are getting ready to move to another home next month. We've owned 10 cars/trucks as personal vehicles, we've done several business ventures Matthew's had 4 jobs working for others (America West, University of Phoenix Online, Statewide Interpreting Services, and Sorenson communication) and 3 as his own boss (Quixtar,Boulder Creek Vinyl and it's subsidiaries, and now Prepaid). I've worked for 7 healthcare companies through the years (Desert Samaritan Medical Center, Banner Desert Medical Center, Healthwaves, Passport Health, First Health, Mercy Medical Center, and now Liberty Dialysis). We have 3 beautiful girls to show for our time together and a dog named birdie (Matthew would now like me to add that she is a kick #*% dog... let the record reflect that please)- on that dog note- we've also had Sinatra (which half of my family can claim as having him- he's definitely been moved through family members), Dexter, and Cymber, and Pepper. I am no longer allowed to have pets as I often think I want them and then find out they are more work than I want to deal with.
Anyway- we are sure happy to still be together and very much look forward to our future together. There is truly no other person I would rather go through life with- the ups, downs and day to day... He is the best! Here's to 10, 20, 30, 50 more years!

7 comments:

Travis and Marie said...

very sweet post! Here's to many many more....and hopefully we will always live close so we can double date. :)

SladeMomma said...

Ahhhh...I loved it. And what a handsome couple. Congrats! So many don't make it to 10 years still looking forward to more. And with 3 kids.

Sugar Jane said...

Yeah 10th!!!! Doesn't having a 10th feel like an accomplishment these days? I know it did for us just 3 days prior to yours.
We were unable to do anything fantastic but that was ok because we were feeling pretty great that we made it this far and like eachother even more now than we did before.

RegaNater said...

Congrats you two!!! You have the cutest family, and I'm so happy for your new addition! She is so precious! How are you? So you heard the news, I am actually having a baby! Crazy huh!! It's a boy and I'm due May 6th. Yikes, no turning back now haha!
Tell MArie, I want to be added to her blogedy blog.
reganbeatty@yahoo.com

Brigg and Dianne said...

Congratulations on 10 years Tricia and Matthew! Here's to 10 more!

Brittany and Scott said...

congrats on 10 years!! and we still don't have wipes yet :)

Jake and Lynn said...

Yay for ten years!!!! So happy for you guys and your very cute family!

About Us

Tuvalu
Matthew and Patricia have been married 9 years in December 07'. We have 2 beautiful girls Jocilyn (6) and McKenna (4). Please enjoy our bloggity!